Reading Time: 7 minutes
In the backdrop of the pandemic, Zoom has turned out to be a leading video conferencing app in 2021. Home education and work from home have been the norm during these times. Zoom is widely used to interact with co-workers as in-person meetings during the lockdown period have been difficult. Yet there were data security concerns raised while people continued using Zoom Video Conferencing App.
Though Zoom is a handy tool when it comes to small-medium or large-sized groups to keep in touch, share workflows, etc. There is a need to look at other alternatives amidst growing security concerns with Zoom. In this article, we will discuss the Top 10 Zoom Video conferencing App alternatives in 2021
Top 10 Zoom Video Conferencing App Alternatives in 2021
1. SkypeSkype has been around for years, known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface is a top choice. Allows you to easily set up video meetings with just a few clicks. No need to signup or download any additional addons. Used by business organizations all over the world to stay connected. If you don’t have Skype installed on your system or while you are traveling, grab a computer with an internet connection and log in to Skype via the browser.
- Raise your hand during group calls.
- Live subtitles during audio and video calls.
- Call mobiles and landlines all over the world at low rates.
- Answer Skype calls via local numbers in another country or region.
Google Meet offers a premium experience and is a serious alternative to be considered. While you can always try the free version, the paid version offers a few more premium features. It offers a secure connection to conduct office meetings or stay connected with your family and friends while you are away on business trips. Google Meet makes it easy to join meetings with a single click, invitation, or dial-in phone number. It is user-friendly, seamless, and secure even while you are traveling.
Need an external participant to show how something is done once or twice? Let them join only when you need them to. The video calls are encrypted which makes them secure and offers adaptive layouts that keep the users well connected.
Google Meet Features
- Share the entire screen or just a window.
- Available for both Android and iOS interfaces.
- AI technology integrated which enables clear call quality as it suppresses the surrounding voices.
- Offers live Caption support.
- Invite up to 250 internal and external participants to a meeting.
3. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams offers a free account and is a good application especially if you work as a team. You simply need to register your account and login to explore various features available. A great tool to keep you connected and organized. Schools and organizations can use only for a smooth transition to hybrid work with Teams. Being a Microsoft product you are also able to work with Microsoft Documents and share it on Team.
Microsoft Teams Features
- Supports 53 languages and 181 markets.
- Connects with devices using Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Secure platform to share, store, access, and collaborate on files from anywhere.
- It streamlines tasks and critical business processes.
- Displays a list of files in Microsoft Teams.
GoToMeeting is a versatile application for any size business. It offers high-quality audio and video calls at affordable prices. The interface is user-friendly and is accompanied by industry-standard security standards. To ensure secure collaboration it follows the global data protection norms. Presentations can be recorded and the customers can receive the recorded copies of their presentation.
- Smart Meeting Assistant helps complete notes, action items, and highlights.
- The meetings are more personalized as it comes with the video first approach.
- Ideal for corporate users as it syncs with the active directory data with GoToMeeting.
- Manage users and access the product feature with Admin Center.
- View performance-based metrics for all users.
5. Zoho Meeting
Zoho Meeting is one of the best solutions for online meetings and webinars. Works on both Android and iOS devices and is a secure application for web conferencing. Enables users to view and launch meetings, share screen and collaborate with video. You can also integrate with other Zoho apps for a seamless user experience.
Zoho Meeting Features
- Add co-organizers and moderate your audience.
- Record, replay, download, and reuse webinar recordings easily.
- Add co-organizers and moderate your audience.
- Enables users to present with audio, video, and screen sharing.
- Send emails, get RSVPs, and embed meeting links.
6.Cisco Webex Meetings
Cisco is a big player when it comes to network products. A brand known for its innovations and focuses and providing an engaging experience to businesses across the globe. Cisco Webex Meeting is an application that allows users to connect via a single click.
Participants can enjoy the Cisco experience with over 22 optimized data centers that make the meeting seamless for thousands of video conference partners across the world. The noise cancellation feature enables a clear conversation as the background noise lessens and you can use video callback features with ease. The application supports 10 languages which include simplified Chinese, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. This ensures you can get in touch with anyone across the globe, without a language barrier.
Cisco Webex Meetings Features
- It offers a user-friendly interface.
- Additionally, support Mobile web conferencing.
- Screen sharing feature.
- Can have a Group live chat
- Free version is also available if you wish to try
Join.me is the early bird, the company understood the need for businesses to keep running during the pandemic crisis. It has not been easy for businesses to keep running and mobilized. Join.me made it possible for many businesses to keep production and collaboration flowing.
Join.me offers an engaging experience as it comes with advanced audio and features. Participants can invite users to the team using a personalized URL with a single click. You can enjoy live video bubbles for up to 250 participants, local conference numbers, and audio controls for hosts. Users can also have personalized backgrounds.
- Join. me offers up to 1TB of cloud storage for its Business plan.
- Screen sharing feature.
The paid plans range from $10, $20, and $30 come with tons of premium features that make it even more convenient.
Discord is a good alternative to Zoom, it offers video conferencing features to connect up to 50 participants at once. The video conferencing application is very popular amongst gamers and has not caught so much attention when it comes to businesses. Easy to use the application you can download and install the app on your mobile and get started.
- Free software.
- You need to signup on Discord site to get started with virtual conferences.
- Use the application on Windows, a Phone, or a browser.
- Popular amongst the gaming community with games specific features.
UberConference comes with a number of advanced features that enable you to make each team meeting run smoothly. Every video conference session on the application is conducted in full HD. You can either decide to customize the hold music or completely discard it.
Using the application while you are on a desktop is easy, a chrome extension allows you to make dialing in and joining meetings easy.
- Uses AI voice technology.
- Offers screen sharing, voice intelligence to transcribe meetings and capture important details.
- Offers a free option, while the paid version offers more premium features which include Hubspot integration, muting conference participants, group call invites, the ability to use Outlook to send invites to participants, Slack Integration, management controls, and many others.
Last on our list is BlueJeans, it offers some impressive features. You can hold up to 20 breakout sessions. The cross-platform video-conferencing application offers features that allow users to share their screen, or facilitate remote desktop access for another person. Recording the meetings is possible with BlueJeans. It is user-friendly and easy to set up.
- Offers Admin features such as enable or disable features for different groups or the company.
- It is accompanied by a number of security and top-notch features.
- Can have unlimited recordings.
Zoom is certainly one of the best video conferencing app, but in case you are looking for an alternative, we have listed them. These are our top 10 Zoom video conferencing App alternatives in 2021. Hope you try a few and share your experience in the comments section below.