Reading Time: 3 minutes
Makara, the leading SEC-registered Crypto Robo advisor, launched a mobile app, the app will be registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission earlier this year. Already the app is popular with more than 20000 waitlist signups and more than 350 new waitlist users each day.
Makara makes investing in cryptocurrencies more accessible to users via index-like allocations called baskets. The app is built with investment technology specifically built for cryptocurrency and has been tested over three and half years. While the clients are provided with an intuitive and familiar experience.
According to Jesse Proudman, co-founder, and CEO of Makara, “We believe Makara is solving real and existing obstacles for individuals accessing the cryptocurrency market, and seeing the initial interest from our waitlist gives us confidence that our thesis is correct.”
Makara app will empower investors to learn more and benefit from all the potential cryptocurrencies offer. The platform has a few beta clients onboard already and has millions of dollars in assets under management(AUM). Currently, Makara will continue to keep its waitlist open for the next couple of weeks, while it continues to onboard clients from the waitlist onto the mail platform.
Why Use Makara?
Makara offers unique thematic baskets which allow users to streamline the crypto investment experience. Users can access a curated set of baskets based on their interests and goals.
Gemini, a trading and custody partner, helps you handle the complexities of buying, selling, and storing underlying assets. It gives you the confidence to optimize for the type of exposure you want.
Investment Baskets Currently Offered by Makara:
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi): Equal-weighted allocations to cryptocurrencies that drive this emerging trend.
- Inflation Hedge: Equal-weighted allocations to historical and future state stores-of-value: tokenized gold and Bitcoin.
- Universe: Risk-weighted exposure to the entire investable universe of assets on the Makara platform.
- Blue Chip: A weighted basket of the largest cryptocurrencies with more than $10B in market cap.
- Bitcoin: Single asset basket for investors who want access to the industry’s largest asset and the most established cryptocurrency.
- Ethereum: Single asset basket for investors who want access to the second-largest asset and the leading distributed computing platform.
Along with a simple basket structure, Makara’s platform also offers investors a variety of educational resources.
The app is ideal for newcomers as well as those who seek a deeper understanding of these assets. It provides a large amount of self-serve content about cryptocurrencies and the industry.
According to Sadie Raney, Makara co-founder, “Investors shouldn’t have to spend hours researching and tracking the market to demystify the asset class.”
Currently, the app is available to US residents above 18 years. Initially, waitlist users will be the first investors to register with Makara. They will automatically have six months of their Makara fees waived off. While paid members of CryptoSlate will get crypto insights and context in every article.