It is tempting not to click too many pictures and videos especially when you own the latest iPhone. Ending yourself with tons of pictures and videos on your smartphone. If you ever wondered how to delete your iPhone photo album quickly in a single go read further as we reveal it.
Countless selfies, screenshots, memes, and more must-have been stored on your iPhone demanding more storage space. It can be quite cumbersome to clean your iPhone by deleting images one by one.
Imagine the effort and time it would take to delete thousands of such image and video files on your iPhone. But you need not worry as the iPhone features a mass delete option that will help reclaim your phone’s storage space.
Clean up your photo library while using iCloud Photos
If you are storing your images and videos using iCloud Photos
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name.
- Tap on iCloud > Photos
- If iCloud Photos is enabled you will see a green toggle with On next to it.
- Confirm if you want to delete photos off your iPhone or start over and also delete everything saved in your iCloud.
How to Delete your Camera Roll using your iPhone?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on iCloud > Photos
- Check if iCloud Photos is turned on.
- Tap on the toggle next to iCloud Photos to turn it off.
- You will be asked if you want to download a copy of everything to your iPhone or delete everything.
- Choose the last option.
How to Delete your Camera Roll Using your computer
- Go to the iCloud website from your browser and log in to your account.
- Click on Photos
- Click on Library on the left-hand pane.
- Click one photo and press CMD+A on your keyboard if you are using a Mac or else press Ctrl+A.
- Press Delete and confirm your choice.
While using Mac you can use the inbuilt Photos App to select all the images and press delete.
This will permanently delete all your images and videos, it will clear all iCloud backup. It is better to store your important family pictures and videos before erasing them.
How to delete iPhone photos when not using iCloud?
You can also delete iPhone photos and videos manually if you are not using iCloud Photos. Simply connect the iPhone using the USB to Lightning cable to any port on your computer.
Delete iPhone phone photos on Mac
Mac offers an inbuilt feature called Image Capture used to remotely scan documents and import content from a connected camera. The same feature can also be used to delete photos to create space on your iPhone. After connecting the iPhone using the USB to lightning cable.
- Open Finder.
- Type Image Capture in the search bar, to start the app.
- Find your iPhone in the left-side menu and click on it.
- It will take some time for the photos to load depending on the number of photos you have on your iPhone.
- Once they are loaded, Enter CMD+A to select all images on your iPhone.
- Click the Trash icon at the top of the window and confirm the deletion.
Delete iPhone phone photos on Windows
It’s a pretty simple process where you connect the iPhone to the Windows system using the USB to lightning cable. Once connected, open file explorer and double click the iPhone name in the list of devices connected to your PC.
- Find the DCIM folder (usually at iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM)
- Select all of the folders with CTRL+A.
- Move them all to the trash can, or press Delete on your keyboard.
- Confirm the files you want to delete, within a few minutes depending on the number of files your phone storage space will be free.
Point to Remember while deleting photo library from iCloud or iPhone
Whenever you delete a photo library from either iCloud or your iPhone, it is not automatically deleted. The photos are initially moved to a Recently Deleted album. They reside in this location for around 30 days before Apple finally deletes them. This takes care of you changing your mind and wanting to recover or undelete them.
Though you can manually delete this album, either by going to iCloud from your desktop or open the photos app on your iPhone.
- Under Recently Deleted album every image has an expiry date when Apple will purge them.
- Click on Delete All to manually delete them without waiting for the expiry date.