Facebook news feed lately has become profuse with irrelevant content, making it difficult when it comes to check relevant posts from your friends and family. You don’t need to worry as Facebook offers several customizations that will help you tune your Facebook new feed according to your preferences.
Your Facebook News Feed will no longer be dominated by feeds from barely known followers, distinct relatives, and old friends. Follow the customization tricks below mentioned to your ideal News Feed.
How to Hide Facebook Posts?
To view less number of posts from a Facebook Page or a particular friend, use the Hide Posts option.
- Open Facebook on mobile or web.
- Find an unwanted post from the feed.
- Tap on the three-dot menu at the top.
- Select Hide post from the context menu.
How to Snooze Someone on Facebook?
If you are one of those who get upset with someone’s upcoming marriage or too many updates or continuous traveling pictures and updates on Facebook. Facebook offers a feature that enables you to mute all updates from such friends for 30 days.
You can achieve this as follows:
- From the Facebook news feed, Select the friend whose posts you want to snooze for 30 days.
- Click the three-dot menu at the top-right of your friend’s latest post
- Select Snooze friend for 30 days.
You also have the ability to end the snooze feature before 30 days. You can do this as follows:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone
- Tap on the Menu in the bottom-left corner.
- Head over to Settings & Privacy,
- Tap on it to expand the option, and select Settings.
- Under the Preferences section, tap on News Feed and select Snooze.
Tap on End snooze. Walla!!! No more waiting to view posts from your friends on your feed again.How to Unfollow Someone?
Facebook allows you to unfollow someone on Facebook. This will stop you from viewing updates from the person while you still remain friends with them. This way you can mute someone on social media without affecting your friendship status.
- Open Facebook on mobile and scroll down to your friend’s post.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the post’s top-right corner and select Unfollow.
In case you want to unfollow dozens of friends and pages follow the below instructions:
- Go to Facebook Settings (refer to the steps in the previous section).
- Select News Feed.
- Tap on Unfollow.
This enables you to view your friends and pages with the most frequent updates at the top. To stop seeing updates from these accounts or pages, Tap on the profile icons.
How to Add A Contact As Favorite On Facebook?
To prioritize posts from family members and close friends on Facebook News Feed, simply add them all to Favorites.
You can achieve this in two ways as mentioned below
Method 1 – News Feed
- Find Posts from friends and pages that you want to see higher in your News Feed.
- Tap on More menu (represented by three dots) in the top-right corner of the post and select Add friend to favorites.
Method 1 – Create a Favorite List from the Facebook Settings.
- Open Facebook Settings on your phone.
- Tap on News Feed.
- Select Favorites.
- Tap on the Add button beside contacts to see their posts higher in the News Feed.
How to Hide Irrelevant Ads?
Facebook targets ads based on your search history and other preferences. The algorithm may show irrelevant ads on your Facebook News Feed, you have an option to hide such ads in your Feed.
When you come across such ads in your Facebook News Feed click on More menu and select Hide ad. No more will you view the ads again while browsing.
Additionally, you can also report the ad, if you have a problem with the content or check why you see the ads in the same menu.
Let’s hope all this will help you have a more enjoyable experience with Facebook News Feed.
Why Should You Change Your Snapchat Username?
Instagram’s Parental Controls May Carry Risk of Misuse
TikTok Library New Video Creation Tool Being Developed by TikTok in Collaboration with GIPHY