Reading Time: 7 minutes
It would be safe for you to open the door for anyone who knocks on your door if you can identify who is. You can now stay safe, secure your property against theft, home invasion, and porch pirates with the best video doorbell camera of 2020.
These cameras will offer you the first line of defense as you can see and speak to the person outside. These cameras also allow you to record footage of visitors that approach your doorstep while you are not home or unable to answer.
These video doorbell cameras are connected to WiFi which makes it possible to stream live video footage to your smartphone. They come with multiple features where you can store the video footage on cloud storage, motion detection, sirens and can integrate with your other home devices and smart locks as well. We bring the best video doorbell cameras of 2020 for you to choose from for your home.
Best Video Doorbell Cameras of 2021
1. Ring Video Doorbell 2The Ring Video Doorbell 2 features a crystal clear 1080 high-definition (HD) video camera which gives you a clear vision of who’s at your door day or night. Ring Video Doorbell 2 sends doorbell alerts on your smartphone using the Ring App for Android and iOS devices.
Features of Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Powered by an easy-to-remove battery pack, no need to detach the doorbell to charge the battery.
- Weather-resistant – Works in extreme weather conditions from -5 – 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ring app can control customized motion sensors that best fit your outdoor home activity
2. Nest Hello Video DoorbellNest Hello Video Doorbell is WiFi enabled which allows you to see and speak to the visitors at your door via your smartphone and the doorbell’s inbuilt speaker. When you cannot answer the door, you can share the pre-recorded messages with your visitors. You can also use the two audio while you are on the go using the Nest mobile app to welcome your family home. It also comes with a Familiar Face recognition feature that can detect familiar friends.
Features of Nest Hello Video Doorbell
- Offers a 4:3 HD video view for a clear view of who’s at your door
- Can send pre-recorded responses if you’re unavailable
- Uses motion and sound detection to spot visitors
3. SimpliSafe Video Doorbell ProSimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro comes with the SimpliSafe mobile app, using the app you can check who is at the door without leaving your seat. If you want to access video recording you will need to purchase a SimpliSafe security system and choose either the Interactive or Pro Superior Monitoring plan. The other option is to purchase a SimpliSafe camera subscription which will cost you $4.99/mo.-$9.99/mo. Both the options will allow you to access your recording for up to 30 days to save, download, and share.
Features of SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro
- 1080p HD video quality.
- Two-way audio and video communication to interact with visitors.
- Motion alerts even if a visitor doesn’t ring the doorbell.
4. ADT Video DoorbellYou can connect with ADT Video Doorbell wirelessly to your home to offer real-time footage outside of your home. It is designed perfectly to withstand extreme weather and the multiple brackets for you to easily mount to any home. Offers 720p HD video quality and two-way audio with noise cancellation which allows you to speak clearly with visitors. visitors clearly.
Features of ADT Video Doorbell
- Sends a notification when someone is at your door using the ADT Pulse® mobile app.
- Two-way audio, when used in combination with the ADT Pulse® app, allows you to speak with visitors via the video doorbell.
- It offers a wide-view angle for a 180-degree view.
5. Arlo Audio DoorbellYou can sync Arlo Audio Doorbell with other Arlo cameras, to offer you a safe smart home for better convenience and control to connect both audio and video devices. Arlo allows you to pick from a list of quick replies to tell visitors when you’re unavailable while you are unable to attend the door.
Features of Arlo Audio Doorbell
- Visitors can leave a voice message while you are not available.
- Receive a mobile notification when someone else accepts the doorbell call via the Arlo app.
- You can mute the indoor doorbell with the Silent mode for extra peace and quiet moments.
6. Ring Video Doorbell ProRing Video Doorbell Pro offers similar features you will find in Ring Video Doorbell 2 such as 1080p HD video, Alexa compatibility, and two-way communication. Additionally, it comes with a wired design to avoid recharging a battery and have an uninterrupted power supply. The sleek design enables you to change the face-plate to a color that suits your style.
Features Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- It allows you to create custom alert zones.
- Sleek design with interchangeable faceplate.
- The wired design offers uninterrupted power.
7. Owlet Smart Wi-Fi Video DoorbellOwlet Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell is a wireless camera doorbell easy to install. It offers 1080p x 720p HD video quality and passive-infrared motion detection which will notify you of activity outside your door. The two-way audio allows you to talk with your visitors on your smartphone. Owlet Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell weatherproof, IP64 waterproof, and dust resistant design.
Features Owlet Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
- The wire-free design makes it easy to install.
- Night vision lighting.
- Passive infrared motion detection.
8. SkyBell Video DoorbellSkyBell Video Doorbell is compatible with Alexa and Google Home which enable you to control your voice for easy control and convenience. The SkyBell HD app allows you to see and speak to visitors at your door using your smartphone while you are away from home.
Features SkyBell Video Doorbell
- Automatically stores video footage along with two-way voice and motion alerts.
- Features color HD night vision allows seeing clearly who’s at your door, even at night.
- Weather-resistant performs at any temperature between -40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Zmodo Smart Greet Video DoorbellZmodo Smart Greet Video Doorbell is designed to make you feel at home, though the video doorbell does not come with customized recorded greetings and mobile notifications. The Zmodo app allows you to connect with your visitors using a smartphone and respond quickly and easily to the doorbell.
Features of Zmodo Smart Greet Video Doorbell
- You can adjust the field viewing angle via the Zmodo app. This enables you to view all angles outside of your door.
- The built-in microphone allows you to clearly hear door activity and speak with visitors.
- Visitors on one press of button ring your doorbell and automatically call your phone.
10. LaView Wireless Video DoorbellLaView Wireless Video Doorbell comes with a 4.3-inch touch screen control panel. This can be installed inside your home, it will allow you to view your guests. The LaView Wireless Video Doorbell uses infrared lights which enable you to clearly view visitors even at night up to 10 feet from the door.
Features of LaView Wireless Video Doorbell
- You can store the video footage on cloud and memory cards, to review footage the way you choose at any time.
- LaView One mobile app allows you to access the control panel inside your home and your smartphone.
- You can choose what to record using the PIR sensor which can detect objects and visitors differently during motion detection.