EPIC Games confirms plans to release update 17.40, which could be the biggest download of the season so far.
Fortnite update 17.40 is going to be the biggest download of the season so far. You will witness the game’s new Imposter mode, Similar to the Among US, it will have eight players maintain The Bridge, while two imposters aim to sabotage things.
Players can pick who they think the imposters are while trying to safely complete tasks to grab victory. From this Thursday you will also be able to get your hands on new weapons as part of the next Wild Week. Epic had announced its plans to replace them, though the new weapons will be their silent equivalents.
The server has been taken offline for server maintenance, and the matchmaking feature will remain disabled. It will be ready for the release of update 17.40 at 9am BST UK time. Epic in a tweet mentioned it and said it will inform the players once the downtime is over.
Fortnite update 17.40 will be released on August 17 and available for download from 9 am BST in the UK. The Fortnite update is coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
Be prepared for the server downtime as it will remain disabled at around 8.30 am, and should be back online by 11 am.
Seems like the Coral Castle gets removed from the map, while the alien abduction storyline. The IO mole will be revealed and the Exotic Burst Pulse Rifle will be added to the game. It also looks like the Imposter mode may be fully revealed going by all of the latest teasers.
Wonder Woman is also set to make an appearance on Fortnite with a new set of challenges.
Fortnite Update 17.40 Patch Notes
Fortnite update 17.40 Battle Royale fixes…
• Preferred Item Slots: Chug Cannon moving to incorrect slots.
– Double item slot items, such as the Chug Cannon, can move to the incorrect slots when a new item is picked up.
• Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
– If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
• Prop Disguise services temporarily disabled.
– Due to an issue, Prop Disguise services from vendors have been temporarily disabled.
• Unable to proceed in Free Guy Quest chain.
– We’re aware that some players have become unable to pick up new Quests in the Free Guy Quest chain.
– Players affected will be able to pick up new Quests with the release of our next game update.
Fortnite update 17.40 Creative fixes…
• Players are ejected from vehicles in shallow water
– We are investigating an issue that causes players to be ejected from a vehicle when in shallow water.
• Adding the Skydome Device to the hot bar resets the island visually
– We are investing an issue where visual settings applied using the Skydome Device will reset when the device is added to the hot bar.
• Match Making Portal Slow to Update.
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing matchmaking portals to update slower then expected.
• Creative Island images may reset to the original thumbnail image.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing Island thumbnail images to default to the original thumbnail.
• Latency issues on XL Islands.
– We’re investigating an issue in Creative Mode that is causing players to experience latency issues when building on an XL Island.
• Barrier Device Issues Summary
– Placement of Player built structures blocked by Barrier Device. Player-built structures are not triggering correctly when a player is in a hollow barrier from the Barrier Device.