With the Fortnite update 19.20 coming up Epic Games has taken servers offline. The developers said, “We’re beginning to disable matchmaking in preparation for the v19.20 update, with server downtime beginning soon. We’ll let you all know when downtime has ended!”
Fortnite Update 19.20 is ready for release on PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
The new Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World update has a February 1 release date, two weeks in the making.
For Players in the UK, the Fortnite update 19.20 has a 9 am GMT launch time.
The Fortnite update 19.20 is a major update patch and will be accompanied by server downtime, which runs from 9 am until around 11 am.
Due to the updates, matchmaking will be disabled at 8.30 am GMT, as a result of which you will not be able to join a new game after this point.
The arrival of the v19.20 was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, it said, “The update is scheduled for release on February 1st. Downtime will begin at 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes before.”
v19.20 is covertly coming up (until Fortnite just announced it)
— Fortnite News/Updates (@FNNews_2022) January 31, 2022
Looks like the new update will also bring along some new locations such as Covert Canyon. According to another Fortnite leaker, Shiina the new update will most likely also bring new Star Wars or Spider-Man items.
You can see the full list of patch notes below.
Fortnite Update 19.20 PATCH NOTES
Battle Royale fixes
- Games and points not counting towards tournament score
– Sometimes a tournament match will not record a game’s points on the leaderboard and the game will not register as played.
- Spiderman’s Web-Shooters drop with full uses from eliminated players.
– Spiderman’s Web-Shooters will restock to the full 80 uses when dropped from eliminated players.
- When navigating to the Compete Tab, the cursor automatically takes you to the far right of all the tournaments.
– When a player selects the Compete Tab in-game, the cursor automatically takes the player to the farthest right tournament.
- Players respawning in the Creative Hub during games
– Players can respawn in the Creative Hub when eliminated during a game instead of respawning on the map
- Charge Shotgun doesn’t save in Item Spawner
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing Kits charged shotgun to not save in the item spawner.
Save the World fixes
- Husks can damage objectives through player built structures in Deliver the Bomb
– It’s been discovered that the Husks can still damage objectives through player-built structures in Deliver the Bomb.
- Toggle Harvester Tool button not working on consoles
– The toggle harvester tool button is not working on consoles in STW. Instead of swapping between weapons and the pickaxe, it is instead pulling the pickaxe out again
- Players not gaining access to Expeditions despite meeting the criteria to get them
– Players Expeditions menu is not showing up for players despite reaching the point in which they can unlock them
Switch and Mobile fixes
- The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
– Players can not always see the Storm forming and coming near them due to the Storm visuals being more transparent on Nintendo Switch devices.