There are so many antivirus programs designed to detect and remove viruses, Is Antivirus Software worth it? An important question every user has in his mind before he reaches a decision.
Typically your devices can be infected if you accidentally download malware, this can be via a phishing email that contains a malicious attachment or hidden on a USB drive, or even by simply visiting a dodgy website.
The moment this file is on your computer or laptop the malware is capable of stealing your data, encrypting the data so you cannot access it, or even erasing it completely. This makes it important for you to use antivirus software and update it regularly to protect your data and devices.
How does Antivirus Software work?
Antivirus Software helps in detecting, quarantining, and/or deleting malicious code, to prevent malware from causing damage to your device.
You will need to keep the Antivirus Software updated, though many of the modern antivirus software updates automatically. This ensures they are able to provide you protection against the latest viruses and other types of malware.
Which Antivirus Software Should I use?
There are tons of antivirus software for you to choose from depending on the operating system you are using ie. Windows or Mac. Additionally, it would be much better if you enable the built-in antivirus as you’ll be instantly safer.
Most of the new computers are accompanied by a trial version of separate antivirus software installed such as McAfee, Norton, and Avast.
Before you get started you need to make a note of
- When the trial version expires, after which you will have to register for the paid version to continue using it
- Built-in antivirus software may not allow you to install separate antivirus software. You may need to stop it from working completely if you choose to go with a separate one.
- Would like to mention carrying out educated research for the best antivirus software is a good idea.
How to start using Antivirus Software?
- After you install the Antivirus Software or turn it on, run a full scan to make sure your computer is free of all known malware.
- Enable the antivirus software to automatically scan all new files, such as those downloaded from the internet or stored on a USB stick, external hard drive, SD card, or another type of removable media.
- Enable automatic updates for your Antivirus software.
Do I need Antivirus Software for my smartphone and tablet?
The answer is NO, as long as you only install apps and software from official stores such as Google Play or Apple App Store. Additionally, you should set your apps to update automatically on your tablet or smartphone.
Fake Amnesty International Antivirus for Pegasus Can Hacks PCs with Malware
Trend Micro Antivirus Flaw Exploited by Hackers to Gain Windows Systems Admin Rights
ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus For Android App Review