Instagram is a popular image-sharing platform and is important for users to keep it secure. In case you have lost or forgot your password you can change your Instagram password. We will also discuss how to reset your Instagram password.
Users across the world use Instagram to share memories, promote businesses, etc. Keeping your Instagram account safe and secure is important. If you don’t know how to change your Instagram password we will explain it step by step.
How to change your Instagram password
You can change your Instagram password either from your internet browser or the Instagram app on your phone. It is easy to change your Instagram account using both methods. If you don’t know how to do it, you can follow the step-by-step process mentioned as follows.
How to Change Instagram password using a Web Browser
- You can simply enter www.instagram.com in the URL section of your web browser.
- Enter your login details
- Click the avatar on the top right of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Change Password.
- After you enter your old password, you will be required to enter your new password twice.
- Click Change Password.
How to Change Your Instagram Password Using the App
- Tap on the Instagram app to log into your Instagram account.
- Tap on your avatar on the bottom right to open your profile.
- Tap the three-line menu button in the top right, To open the menu.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Security, then Password.
- Enter your old password once, then the new password twice.
- Tap the check icon on the top-right corner.
Similarly, you can also reset your Instagram password on a web browser and app. How to Delete Instagram Messages will help you remove all unwanted messages from your Instagram.
How to Reset Instagram password using a Web Browser
- Log in to your Instagram account as discussed above and Go to Instagram’s password reset website.
- Enter your contact information.
- Check your email, to view the email from Instagram with a link to reset your password.
How to Reset Your Instagram Password Using the App
- Log in to your Instagram account on the phone as discussed above.
- Tap Get help signing in below the password field.
- Enter your email, username, SMS number, or Facebook account.
- Follow instructions to reset the password.