If you are planning to update the Chrome browser you need to be aware of the Google Chrome bug. You need to update the Chrome browser right away but safely without getting hacked as it contains a high-risk zero-day vulnerability that hackers can exploit.
Google has released its latest version of the emergency update, which just goes to show the Google Chrome bug is grave.
The flaw also affects the Microsoft Edge browser as it is based on the Chromium engine. Microsoft confirmed the existence of the flaw in Edge and has released a fix to protect users from being potentially exploited. Microsoft Edge no longer has the CVE-2022-1096 present in the Microsoft Edge browser version 99.0.1150.55 or higher. Though the browser needs an update if it is running on a lower version.
How To Update Chrome Browser Safely Without Getting Hacked
- Click the three dots in the top right corner to access the Chrome menu.
- Go to the Help page. Select “About Google Chrome” from the drop-down menu.
- The browser will begin looking for new updates automatically, when it finds one, the download will begin automatically.
- You will be prompted to relaunch the browser after the update has been downloaded and installed in order for the changes to take effect.
- You can also restart the PC for better changes.