Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps around. It is used widely to share photos and videos with friends and family. It also offers users the Instagram Messages feature which allows them to send messages.
It is not always easy to master all the features on Instagram instantly. If you are new and unsure how to delete Instagram Messages, sit back and continue reading. Further, we will explain to you in detail how to delete them using the app and using the browser, so you can pick the method you find easier.
How To Delete Instagram Messages
You can delete Instagram Message via the App or the Browser, we will discuss both methods.
Delete Instagram Messages via the App
If you are using a smartphone to send Instagram Messages you can delete them via the app. You need to be careful before you Tap the Delete button as the app does not prompt you for a confirmation to delete. There is no option for undeleting or recovering the deleted messages either, so double check before you Tap the delete button. Follow the steps below to delete Instagram Messages.
- Open Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the messenger icon to access Direct Messages on the top right corner of your screen.
- Look for the chat you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the conversation.
- Tap Delete.
Delete Instagram Messages via the Browser
- Type www.Instagram.com in the URL section of the browser.
- Log in to your Instagram Account.
- Click the messages icon in the top-right
- Look for the conversation you want to delete and click on it
- Top-right corner of the conversation, Click on the I button.
- Click Delete Chat.
- A pop-up shows up, confirming the Delete action by clicking it.