Reading Time: 2 minutes
Microsoft launched its new Chromium-based Edge browser, it offers inbuilt tracking protection, a new feature called Collections to grab images and content from the web. The latest browser also comes with an Internet Explorer mode for businesses. The latest Edge browser is almost identical to Chrome browser in terms of features and interface, if you happen to be using Chrome you may feel at ease while using it.
The new version of the Edge browser is available for download and install of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and macOS users. It will be rolled out by Microsoft via Windows Update to Windows 10 users in the coming weeks. If you want it right now you can follow the steps mentioned below.
How to download Microsoft’s new Edge browser?
- Visit the Microsoft Edge website and download the installer.
- Click on the installer to run it on your system. If you have been using an older version of the Edge browser you will notice the old logo replaced with the new logo.
- Click on the icon in the taskbar to launch the new Edge browser. A welcome screen appears where you can choose to import data from Chrome / old Edge or start fresh.
- You can configure new tabs or sign in to a Microsoft Account to enable the sync of favorites, passwords, and more.
- Click on the “Next” button, which will allow you to disable Microsoft’s personalized ads, search, news, etc.
New Edge On Your Mobile Device
The new Edge browser is also available for your mobile devices ie for Android and iOS. You can head over to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store sign in to your Microsoft account you use on Windows or macOS. It will sync your favorites, passwords, and more.
You can also customize the Edge browser, Tap the three dots at the bottom, select the menu, and drag and drop icons where you want them to appear. Enable tracking under Settings.