WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that also offers free audio and video calls for its users. Apart from the smartphone, you can enjoy using WhatsApp web on your desktop to make Whatsapp Web video calls.
This is a recent addition to WhatsApp Web, earlier users were not able to make video calls with their friends and colleagues. The new feature will enhance users’ communication experience.
With this update, WhatsApp users can make WhatsApp video calls on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
WhatsApp web users who may be relatively new to using it will find this information helpful. Unlike the other OS platform, there is a slight difference when it comes to WhatsApp Web. We will explain everything to you in detail.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp web is a version of the messenger app which can be installed on your desktop or laptop. It makes it easier for users to work on their system without having to reach for the phone while working. With the addition of WhatsApp Web Video calls, almost all the features are the same as you would find on your Android or iOS devices.
Features of WhatsApp Web
- Mirror WhatsApp Web and mobile live chat without any hassle.
- Use it as an email to freely send files and messages to your clients.
- More secure as you can log in to WhatsApp Web only using a QR code.
- Auto-sync with your WhatsApp mobile app ie. downloads files and images simultaneously on your desktop.
How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls?
User can make WhatsApp Web Calls using three methods mentioned below:
- Facebook Messenger’s Room
- Android Emulators
- WhatsApp Web App
Facebook Messenger’s Room
Users with Facebook accounts can make WhatsApp Web video calls from their web browsers. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter https://web.whatsapp.com/ URL in your browser.
- This will display a QR code for you to login.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, Go to WhatsApp Web to Scan the QR code.
- Select the person or group you wish to call, click on the attachment icon.
- This will prompt an option to join rooms, this will connect WhatsApp Web Video with Facebook Messenger.
Note: In case you have enabled biometric security settings on your smartphone, you will have to reenter them. Currently, WhatsApp is not able to access the biometric details stored in your device’s OS.
2. Using Android Emulators
- Use your preferred Android Emulator, install it on the computer system.
- Go to the Play store as you would on your smartphone.
- Install WhatsApp from the Play Store.
- Open it and verify using your phone number by entering the OTP.
- Now you can start using it as you would on your smartphone to make Whatsapp video calls.
3. WhatsApp Web App
Last but not least you can always download WhatsApp Web on the desktop of your Mac or Windows system. Once the download is complete install the same.
You can download both from the links given below.
Once done, login to the WhatsApp Web application and tap or click on the Camera icon, you can start video calls. You can also make group calls by adding up to eight contacts at a time.
Things to remember while making WhatsApp Web Video Calls
- A strong and stable internet connection
- You may witness linking QR codes while sending and receiving messages from WhatsApp Web.
Currently, users are getting used to WhatsApp Web, but we may witness this trend change soon. The company is constantly upgrading the web version which is a welcome sign. This can mean a new free video calling app for users in the future. Do share your comments in the section below.