If watching trailers before the movie starts on Netflix is not your thing then read further to know how to stop autoplay trailers in Netflix before they start. Netflix has recently released this new feature which allows you to turn off autoplay previews on its homepage.
Netflix made this announcement via a tweet, Netflix has also added the feature to disable autoplay of the next episode of a show. You need to head over to settings by signing into Netflix from the web browser. Though you cannot do this via the Netflix app on your smartphone, tablet, or smart TV. Follow the instructions below the Stop Autoplay Trailers on Netflix before they start.
How to Stop Autoplay Trailers in Netflix
- Open a browser and go to www.netflix.com.
- Sign in to your Netflix account using your username and password.
- Select Manage Profiles from the menu by clicking your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen or simply click the Manage Profiles button underneath the row of profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to customize settings for.
- Uncheck the option to Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices.
- Click Save.
You can also uncheck Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices, this will prevent Netflix from automatically starting the next episode when you’re streaming a TV series.
You can switch to another profile if there is a delay in your settings taking effect. Later you can switch back to your own profile, if this does not work you will need to logout of Netflix and log in again.