If you plan to watch YouTube on TV and have no clue how to go about it, this article will be helpful for you.
You can now be able to enjoy YouTube streams from the comfort of your living room on a big screen.
So if you are tired of watching YouTube videos on your smartphone, you will know how to watch Youtube on TV as we progress further in the article.
You can enjoy YouTube for free with a little distraction from the advertisement, while you can go for the premium edition which gives you a better user experience with less distractions.
How to watch YouTube on your TV?
Watch YouTube on TV when using the YouTube app on the smartphone.
- Open the YouTube app on your television.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of your YouTube app > Settings.
- Tap Watch on TV. If you pair the television earlier, your TV will start playing on YouTube.
- To pair the TV for the first time, you’ll get a numeric code on the TV.
- Enter the code into the app, and link the TV. Now you can start watching YouTube on television and control the videos on your smartphone.
Watch YouTube on your TV when using it on computer
- Visit www.youtube.com/pair
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Enter the code on the TV when you get the message Enter TV code.
- After this, you can start watching any YouTube video on your television and change the video via the remote.
In case you are not using a Smart TV and using any other external device to watch YouTube like Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or a gaming console that you can convert into a smart TV.
- You will need to download the YouTube app from Google play.
- Sign in to the YouTube app. Connect it to the same Wi-Fi networks as your TV or gaming console.
- Launch the YouTube app and follow on-screen instructions to sign in.
- Select Sign in on your TV and log in using your Google account.
- Sign in with a web browser (make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.)
- Once you are connected to the same network. Visit https://youtube.com/activate and enter the code you see on your TV.
- Once you are signed in you are ready to use your smart TV remote control or game controller to select the video. You can also pause or skip videos using the same remote.
Watch YouTube on your TV using Chromecast
To watch YouTube on your TV using Chromecast you will require a TV with an HDMI port, a Google Chromecast device, and a WiFi connection in your home. You also need to keep Chromecast and the device connected to the same network.
- Set up your Chromecast by plugging the Chromecast into an HDMI port and in the power socket.
- To get Chromecast online follow the on-screen instructions to see how to use Chromecast.
- Launch the YouTube app on your phone and start casting YouTube videos.
- To cast YouTube from a web browser open Google Chrome on the web browser and head to https://www.youtube.com
- Tap the cast icon. While using Google Chrome, click the three dots and select Cast to start scanning.
- Select your Chromecast. If Chromecast is not visible, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, start watching YouTube videos on TV.
We have covered all the possible ways you can connect to a Smart TV or a normal TV with an external device to watch YouTube. We hope now you won’t have any problems when it comes to watching all your favorite YouTube videos on the big screen.
Don’t forget to leave your comments in the section below and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.