Harley-Davidson’s LiveWire S2 Del Mar electric motorcycle is something you won’t be able to ignore and end up wanting to own one.
LiveWire S2 Del Mar is a perfect electric motorcycle, though the only downside being its still pricey for a motorcycle that will be used largely in a commuter role by most riders. The LiveWire S2 Del Mar is priced around $15,000, though inflation pressures and supply chain drama has spiked the price up to $16,999. The price range is much less compared to the LiveWire One’s price, yet it’s still a bit out of reach for a lot of riders.
Harley-Davidson’s LiveWire S2 Del Mar Electric Motorcycle Specs
- City Range listed at 110 miles (177 km) on a charge.
- Both Level 1 (think: normal wall outlet charging) and Level 2 (think: public charging station) will be available on the bike
- No Level 3 DC fast charging like on the LiveWire One.
- Level 2 recharge of 20-80% (indicative of real-world charge stops) will take around 75 minutes.
- The bike has nearly equal off-the-line performance to the LiveWire One, scoring a 0-60 mph time of 3.1 seconds.
- No clutch or gear shifting
- Weighing 418 pound (189.6 kg) , Del Mar is a bit lighter than the 560 pound (254 kg) LiveWire One.
- Slightly lower power rating than the LiveWire One’s 78 kW motor.
Harley-Davidson’s LiveWire S2 Del Mar electric motorcycle top speed still remains a secret. The company has not disclosed it, though says it’s higher than you will ever need. The Del Mar is a Goldilocks bike because it has a shorter reach than the LiveWire One, but not too short. It is comfortable yet also not so bulky.The Del Mar has a strong presence, despite the fact that it is built on the same structural battery and motor combo as the Arrow platform.
When you win in a traffic light, and leave them in the dust, people will think that you are not on a small bike. LiveWire S2 Del Mar electric motorcycle battery information is also not available yet. Mixing modes one can achieve around 64 km on it which equates to 73 miles.Livewire One is louder than most people have in mind, but it does create a unique sound. It can compete with the LiveWire One and is more comfortable too.
If you are going on a long-distance ride and don’t want to be weighed down by your electric bike, the LiveWire One is the better option. But if you’re looking for an easy-to-ride electric bike to just keep in the city, then S2 Del Mar is made for you.
The Zero DSRe is priced in the middle of the pack for electric bikes and has a higher range than most commuters would need.
E-Trike Is a Peppy Mix Of Classic Café Racer And Modernized City Commuter
Yamaha Working on Second Generation Electric Trials Bike
TubeFlash Umbrella Keeps Pedestrians Safe By Boosting Visibility On Dimly Lit Roads