Do want to trade your iPhone or Android phone for a new one and wondering what to do with your old phone. Well, there are many options available for you, we talk about it all as we discuss the steps to take before you your iPhone or Android phone? So let’s get started.
Many of us pick the option to trade in our phone is to save money on a new smartphone. You can easily end up buying an iPhone 12 Mini by trading it for your iPhone 7.
Though you can just hand over your old phone, you need to take a few steps before that such as protecting your privacy and security. You need to ensure you take the following Make sure you take these steps before trading in an older smartphone.
Steps to Take Before you Trade your iPhone
- Back up your iPhone either on your PC, Mac, or directly on your phone through the iCloud backup.
- If you own an Apple Watch, make sure to unpair it from your phone.
While upgrading to another iPhone
- Go to Settings and look for your name on the top.
- Click on the name and scroll down to sign out of iCloud and the App Store.
- Enter your password to complete the process.
- After this head over to Settings>General and Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Erase all Content and Settings, to restore the phone to its original state when you first bought it.
- On your new phone, go to the Find My app and remove your older phone as a trusted device.
In case you moving from iPhone to Android, make sure you erase your device, you will need to deregister iMessage to avoid interruptions with text messaging.
Steps to Take Before you Trade your Android Phone
The process is somewhat similar depending on the type of Android Phone you are using.
Samsung Galaxy devices
- Backup your phone either via Samsung’s cloud services, through Google, or using a microSD card.
- After it’s done go to Settings and select Factory Data Reset. Enter the credentials for your security lock before moving forward if required.
- Tap Delete All, your phone will power back on to the initial startup screen.
Google Pixel smartphones
- Backup your phone and log out of your Google accounts and head over to Settings.
- Go to System, Advanced, Reset options, then Erase all data.
In case you are moving from Android to iPhone, Apple offers a Move to iOS app which helps you transfer your data before resetting your phone.